TYT Moderation Policy
Violence & Incitement
We do not allow the incitement of violence or violent acts against individuals, groups of individuals or oneself. This includes content that:
- Incites or promotes violence, terrorism or violent extremism
- Promotes sexual violence or exploitation
- Encourages or supports suicide, self-harm or eating disorders
- Statements of intent to commit, or calls to commit violence
- Champions or recommends violence by other individuals or groups
Discussion of historical or current societal and state sponsored violence and violent events are permitted.
Graphic or Disturbing Material
We do not allow excessively graphic, violent or disturbing images or videos depicting the suffering of humans or animals. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Visible depictions of mortal wounds including dismemberment, charred bodies, throat slitting, disembowelment or imagery of identifiable decomposing corpses
- Imagery that shows the violent death of a person, people or animals, by accident or murder, through torture or excessive violence.
- Imagery that depicts bodily fluids or deformities for the sole purpose of shock.
- Content that glorifies or encourages sadistic or violent acts.
We recognize that some content may support a larger conversation, e.g. the horrors of war, or suffering in poverty. If so, the content may be considered newsworthy and left on the platform or removed without a violation being attributed to the user.
Sexually Explicit Material
We do not allow pornography or other sexually explicit content. This includes content that:
- Depicts or simulates sexual acts in an explicit manner
- Contains sexualized nudity
- Is primarily intended to cause sexual arousal, even if no sexual act or nudity is featured
Exceptions may be made for artistic, medical, health, educational, or activist content. Any depictions of non-consensual sexual material or underage content will be removed by default.
Harassment & Bullying
We recognize that disagreements may occur between individuals on the platform and that context matters. We generally encourage civil, respectful and open conversation. However, certain types of content will be considered more critically, and may be removed proactively. This includes:
- Hate Speech (defined here), including derogatory references to someone’s intrinsic attributes such as skin color or sexual orientation.
- The denial that verified historical or current mass casualty events occurred
- Encouraging others to target an individual or group of people with negative content or intent
TYT will incorporate flexibility in this framework when the harassment or bullying is targeting high profile officials, leaders and TYT Hosts. TYT may make exceptions dependent on the nature of the negative content.
Misinformation & Manipulated Media
People are entitled to their opinion, even if they disagree with TYT and/or the community. However, content that poses a serious risk of causing real world harm to individual health & safety, or the running of free and fair elections is not permitted. In addition, content that is purposely misleading or deceptive may be removed or labeled as misinformation. This includes:
- Promotion of dangerous remedies or treatments that are known to potentially cause severe harm or death
- Content misattributed as coming from an authoritative source
- Misleading or deceptive content related to voting, elections or civic participation
- Distributing hacked content or materials
- Sharing manipulated content intended to misrepresent facts or mislead users and cause serious individual or civic harm.
Parody content is permitted, subject to its accordance with other applicable policies.
Spam, Scams, Commercial Sales and Platform Manipulation
We do not permit content or activity that creates a negative user experience or threatens the integrity of the community. This includes unauthorized commercial activities or deceptive practices related to posts, account or user manipulation, and coordinated efforts across multiple accounts. Examples of content or activities that are not permitted and will result in immediate removal are:
- Promotion, sale, advertisement or offering of any commercial goods or services that has not been pre-approved by TYT
- Redirect links that require users to take actions before viewing content (e.g. take a quiz, join a mailing list, write a review)
- Content that is excessively or repeatedly posted
- Content promoting “get rich quick” or pyramid schemes
- Promise of free gifts or entrance to a contest in exchange for engagement
- Misleading or manipulative content designed to to get people to click on a link
Fundraising & Community Activation
Fundraising or activism campaigns that solicit donations, registration, or other participation from users through a link or redirect must be approved by TYT before being posted to the community. If you would like to promote a Campaign or event with a link, please complete our application form here.
Discussion of commercial enterprises or appeals to donate to causes or candidates are permitted as long as they do not include links or redirects.
Privacy & Personally Identifiable Information
You may not publish, post or link to other people's private information, such as their phone number, email address, or home address, without their express permission (public contact info for high profile individuals and businesses is permitted). We also prohibit threatening to expose private information or incentivizing others to do so.
We encourage individuals to be vigilant against potential phishing attacks and to never share information that may identify you including your name, email address or phone number, with any individual or organization you do not know.
Illegal Goods, Services & Behavior
You may not use this platform to solicit, exchange, or promote illegal goods or services. In addition, coordination of illegal activities is not permitted on the platform. Advocating for a change in existing laws is permitted; however, the encouragement of illegal drug use, without discussion of possible harmful effects, will be removed. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Encouraging or glorifying the use of illegal or pharmaceutical drugs without discussion of treatment or recovery
- Explaining, or asking how to obtain illegal drugs, or helping to facilitate the obtaining of illegal drugs
- Solicitation of sexual services
- Instructions on making or illegally obtaining weapons, including firearms, ammunition, and explosives (e.g. bombs, 3D printed guns, etc.)
- Planning or encouraging any criminal or fraudulent behavior or the coordination of violent or criminal acts
Soliciting for, exchanging, or instructing members how to illegally obtain restricted goods, such as marijuana and firearms, are also subject to removal. However, discussions on how to legally obtain these goods are permitted.